Android Developer at MediaMonks NL
Developers with a taste for mobile! MediaMonks is after an adroit Android artisan to assemble apps of any kind.
Role & Responsibilities
- In this role, you will join our award-winning development department at the MediaMonks mothership in Hilversum.
- You'll be joining the ranks of our Pie-lovin’ mobile production team that develops applications for the world’s leading agencies and brands.
- Alongside other Android (and iOS) developers, you are responsible for building (and maintaining) a multitude of apps that offer multifarious functionalities: from the ultimate grilling companion to an all-star coffee app and innovative concepts for fashion and concert photography.
- As part of MediaMonks, you are part of the most awesome production company on the planet, operating as ‘one office in eleven locations’ with an incredible in-house team of 800+ Monks worldwide.
Become an Android Monk
At MediaMonks, you’ll join a young, successful and crazy-ambitious company creative people would kill to work for. You’ll get to do great work with even better coworkers. You can go all-in with our one-of-a-kind company culture, and all-out at parties and winter sports. We even have an epic lunch and a next-gen pension fund. If you meet and exceed this profile, stop playing on your phone and send us your best application so far.
Please be attentive to the requirements for this role and accompany your portfolio with a custom cover letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for the job.
- We’re looking to hire an Android Developer with several high-end apps to show for.
- You know the Android SDK, Android Studio, Gradle and git-flow like the back of your hand.
- You speak English as well as the native tongue of Java/Kotlin.
- You’re (potential) BFFs with Mr. Jenkins, not afraid of letting him run tests on your code.
- While you’re up to date with the latest developments in Google’s mobile candy store, you’re also capable of supporting older versions of Android (5+).
- Experience with multithreading is a must, as is the ability to work with Photoshop files.
- You’re an expert at exterminating bugs and have the perseverance to endure ever-improving iterations of the same app.
- You have a sweet tooth for Bluetooth and other hardware technologies.
- Bonus points for any experience with RetroFit, Dagger, ButterKnife and/or RxJava.