Jr. UX & UI Designer
We’re looking for a Digital Product Designer with a UX background to help craft an ecommerce app for a major Dutch brand. If you employ that special blend of product-thinking and design, we have the perfect opportunity to do it.
About the Role
- For this Dutch+English-speaking job, you’ll be working in-house on a location in the South of the Netherlands. Due to client sensitivity, we will disclose the location to you during the interview process. When you’re not on location, you’ll be working at the MediaMonks Mothership in Hilversum.
- We are looking for someone to join the product design team to further develop and improve two native apps and a responsive website.
- You’ll work in an agile environment supporting several scrum development teams with clear UX and UI thinking and design.
- You collaborate with the client Product Owners and our lead Product Designer to design new features.
- The job is part conceptual, looking at UX holistically, and part straight-out production.
- You will be fleshing out functionalities and UI logic to support the developers as they implement your work.
- You will have an opportunity here to: design a solution, test it with users, and release it to an app and website that is used by millions of people each month.
All About You
- You use apps for everything and have around 2 years of experience in the field of UX and digital design.
- You have experience with designing native apps for iOS and Android.
- You can work (magic) with Photoshop, Sketch and InVision.
- You’re skilled in scrumming, pragmatic in project standups, and an ace at planning poker.
- You can rapidly sketch, prototype, and test your designs in order to validate them.
- You are comfortable with building business relationships with project stakeholders.
- Your UX designs puts the customer first as you always seek to empathize with the user.
- Your UI skills make for strong interfaces in which functionality, usability and aesthetics are balanced.
Put the U in this Position
At MediaMonks, you will join a successful and fast-growing international production company. Stressful moments are part of the job, but so is our casual company culture. If you meet and exceed this profile and are eager to take on this position, we’d love to welcome you into our fold of fun.
Please be attentive to the requirements for this role and accompany your application with a short cover letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for the job.