Frontend Developer at MediaMonks SH
MediaMonks Shanghai is looking for a Mandarin + English-speaking developer who’s also fluent in the native languages of the Web. In this dedicated role, you’ll be one of our first local developers and working for a range of projects for one of China’s biggest international brands.
Role & Responsibilities
- In this Shanghai-based position, you’ll be joining a dedicated team of Monks that works alongside our international offices to high-end work for a top-name client.
- Led by our Technical Director and dedicated Dev Lead, you’ll be part of a core team that is developing online platforms, mobile products and other digital projects.
- As a Frontend Monk, you’ll focus on HTML and CSS and are responsible for putting our projects together based on kickass design templates.
- You’ll piece together innovative interfaces and other interactive elements that you’ll occasionally build from scratch.
- If you are eager to push the boundaries of what is possible with on the front end of web development, you should join our team at the vanguard of digital.
Join us at the Front End of Frontend Development
MediaMonks is one of those (50) companies you’d kill to work for. You’ll get to work with some of the nicest and most talented people in the industry as part of a successful and super-fast-moving-and-growing company on a global mission to become the best production partner in any field and market. In return for your commitment to craft and code, you’ll get a position with a lot of personal responsibility, and an endless amount of coffee.
We stand for equal-opportunity employment and welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your application with a personal cover letter showing why you’re the right Monk for the role. Questions? [email protected] has the answers.
- You’re up with the latest standards in HTML and CSS, as well as JS.
- You can also work with either Angular, Vue.js and/or Muban.
- Ideally, you’re also familiar with languages such as CSS Modules and Sass/SCSS.
- You can develop high-end websites and single-page applications (SPAs) without the need for jQuery.
- Functional and object-oriented programming (OOP) doesn’t scare you; neither does working according to strict coding standards and other technical requirements.
- You have experience with integrating animations and responsive web development.
- You know how to turn all of your competencies into lucid code that both your coworkers and web browsers can understand; your code is awesome, maintainable and reusable.
- You’re proficient in English; able to provide clear updates on projects and describe problems and required actions to Monks in other offices.
- Ideally, you know your way around other libraries and languages (e.g., ES6, ES7, React, AngularJS, Vue.js, Muban, TypeScript, GSAP, RequireJS) — let us know what you know.