Creative Director MediaMonks MX
Our budding office in Mexico City is looking for an English + Spanish-speaking CD to direct and develop concepts for leading brands and businesses at the intersection of creativity and technology. You’ll help establish MediaMonks as one of the top creative production partners in Mexico, simply by crafting the absolute best of work across production disciplines.
Role & Responsibilities
- As our local CD, you’ll work with a small but fast-growing team of Monks to win pitches and prepare creative concepts for production.
- You’re responsible for the creative execution of the concepts MediaMonks develops for A-list clients in and around Mexico such as Netflix, Google, Aeromexico and Corona.
- You’ll visit clients throughout the region to pitch for projects, lead workshops and provide creative direction for all kinds of projects.
- You bring top-notch creative thinking to any table, providing creative leadership when it comes to (film and digital) campaigns, content, platforms, products, ads, and assets.
- A big part of your job is to bring in new work by developing creative concepts in response to client briefs and RFPs.
- You’ll also act as our creative lead on several running projects, fine-tuning concepts by fleshing out their looks, features and flow.
- However, your main focus is directing new business; you engage projects for a living, relaying responsibilities to other offices once the creative ball is rolling in the right direction.
- As the CD of MediaMonks MX, you’re part and parcel of the most awesome production company on the planet, operating as ‘one office across 11 locations’ with an incredible in-house team of 700 Monks and counting.
Turn Creative Briefs into Business
If you are capable and crazy enough to join MediaMonks on our (first, second,) third adventure in Latin America, you’d be crazy not to do it. You’ll join a super-ambitious company on a global mission to become the best — and most humble ;-) — production partner in any field and market. In addition to an unlimited supply of award-winning projects, MediaMonks gets you a one-of-a-kind company culture, characterized by conscientiousness and celebrated with champagne.
Please be attentive to the requirements for this role and accompany your portfolio with a custom cover letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for the job.
- We’re looking to hire an all-round concept developer with 5+years of industry experience and at least 2 years of CD-level experience in advertising or production at the highest international level.
- You speak English as well as Spanish fluently at the highest professional level.
- You’re a digital genius with an innate taste for technology, an instinct for interaction and a natural feel for digital design.
- Much more than coming up with ideas, you provide creative leadership and direction throughout all stages of the project, from concept to execution.
- You know how to show leadership without a show of force, giving our in-house teams a clear creative direction and ownership over their projects.
- You’re confident leading different types of work spanning from digital campaigns to platforms and websites, 360 video and VR, interactive films, rich media, mobile apps and games, installations and other types of experiential work.
- In digital, the user experience is king, and so you should be a sovereign when it comes to shaping concepts that captivate and inspire.
- For film-based projects, it’s all about the story: you champion storytelling and are experienced working together with film directors on integrated projects.
- You understand the process and politics of advertising inside out and know when to be pragmatic if that’s what it takes to keep things moving.
- With strong pitching and presentation skills, you can represent MediaMonks by showcasing our cases, capabilities and culture to clients at every turn.
- Lastly, as part of a global company operating as one team, you need to be able to successfully direct work at a distance, across teams and time zones.