Digital Designer MediaMonks HQ
Wacom wizards of the Web, MediaMonks is looking for someone who can work black magic with whitespace and do voodoo with typefaces and colour palettes. A talented designer who understands interaction and can design for any kind project. Someone who builds on several years of digital experience and is eager to learn more tricks of the trade.
Your work is an integral part of virtually every enterprise we undertake. And the reason for this is quite simple: a good designer improves the quality of a project beyond its look and feel.
- As a Design Monk, you’ll be joining one of the fantastic five design teams at the MediaMonks Mothership in Hilversum.
- You’ll be crafting amazing digital work for the world’s leading agencies and their brands, working on award-winning websites, apps, experiences and more.
- Working together with our creative teams and clients, you will be developing original designs as well as executing existing ones.
- You’ll work with a senior designer for most of your projects, often working as part of a bigger team to flesh out all designs and assets.
- For smaller projects, you take the lead, carrying the designs from inception to fruition.
- You translate creative concepts into functional designs and brand values into compelling visual styles.
- You make sure aesthetics are harmonized with usability, working side by side with our in-house creatives and UX designers.
- You create original assets and styles that meet and exceed client expectations.
- You produce quick sketches and mockups to support concept proposals.
- We’re looking to hire a digital tastemaker with a manifest knack for interactive work.
- This gig mandates an unwearying creative brain and digital fingerspitzengefühl, because we simply love that word.
- You have at least 2 years of high-level design experience in digital advertising or production.
- You know how to sell your designs to colleagues and clients alike, and ideally even have some experience with giving client presentations.
- As showcased in your portfolio, you have (some) experience with everything from responsive web design for large-scale platforms to mobile apps and online ads (aka banners;-).
- You can contribute to most stages of the design process, from conceptualizing styles and wireframing websites (IA) to doing layout compositions (UI) and mobile translations.
- You have a well-developed understanding of grid systems, colour theory and typography, and can tie each of these elements together with obsessive attention to detail.
- You keep your files and layers super-organized, even if you’re a creative mess outside of Photoshop.
- You have a great sense for graphic styles and are up to date with the latest digital trends (and fads you should not follow).
- You keep an ever-growing inspiration treasure trove full of stuff you’re going to steal, because that’s what great artists do.
- You know how to inspire others around you and foster a positive atmosphere.
- You’re not afraid to voice your opinions, but know when to pick your battles.
Roll with MediaMonks
At MediaMonks, you will join a successful and fast-growing international production company. Stressful moments are part of the job, but so is our casual company culture. If your mind, body and soul are up to this divine task, we’d love welcome you into our fold of fun.
Please be attentive to the requirements for this role and accompany your portfolio with a short cover letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for the job. Apply by clicking on this link.