Sr. Copywriter at MediaMonks LDN
Our ambitious London office is looking for a dedicated copywriter who’s experienced in crafting copy-led concepts and campaigns. If you associate as both concept developer and copy connoisseur, read on and sell us on your way with words.
Role & Responsibilities
- As a Copy Monk at MediaMonks, you’ll wield words, wisdom and wit on behalf of top-name clients who seek us for the creative production of their digital campaigns and content.
- In this senior-level position, you’ll join an all-star team of Monks that is dedicated to creating integrated work for a world-renowned consumer electronics brands.
- Working closely with a CD, you’ll develop concepts and copy for anything you could possibly throw at an integrated campaign: from taglines and TVC scripts to concepts for experiential installations and digital activations.
- Your job is to secure, shape, and sell the work through alliteration and other creative means, championing clarity over cleverness.
- You’ll help to bring in new assignments by creating pitch-winning proposals.
- You’ll look after the copy for all projects in production, working with the team to verbalise ideas, iron out concepts, solve creative issues through words, and nail the copy.
- You’re creatively responsible for all key copy and campaign content including the writing of scripts.
- Other than great copy, your job is to ensure everything makes sense, is consistent and meets the brand’s objectives.
Become Our First Copywriter
Working from our new Farringdon office, you’ll be part and pencil of an international team that is dedicated to one of our most important clients. You’ll join a successful, bustling and super-fast-moving company creative people would kill to work for, operating as one team across locations with 1,000+ Monks and counting.
Next to shaping global campaigns for a world-class client, this job will also let you contribute to the MediaMonks brand. Together with our Copy Monks in other offices, we’ll tap you to write about our work to help sell our capabilities and Monks at large. You’ll have incredible peers around the world to collaborate with on copy conundrums and best practices. If you’re keen to become our first copy colleague in London, we’d love to meet you.
MediaMonks stands for equal-opportunity employment and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your portfolio with a personal cover letter explaining why you’re the right Monk for the role. Questions? [email protected] has answers.
- We’re looking for an English copywriter with at least 2 years worth of senior-level advertising experience.
- You don’t have to be native English: you have to be way better than the average native writer.
- You’re experienced in developing copy-based concepts with clever taglines and other creative copy.
- You can craft amazing copy out of thin air, based on briefs, and from drafts written by others.
- You combine creative writing with critical thinking; your analytical approach enables you to ask the right questions and waterproof ideas from a conceptual perspective.
- You are the change you want to see in the word: you improve what is said, not just how.
- You know how to capture ideas in copy that is clear and compelling at the same time: you can convince without fancy words or slipping into the pitfall of bullshit.
- Your attention to detail is impeccable: typos, inconsistencies and questionable punctuation marks have a tough time getting past your cursor.
- And while you might be tired of the word, your storytelling skills allow you to help with scripts, storylines and synopses.
- As part of a constant but constructive feedback loop, you can give and handle criticism without making or taking it personal.
- You’re comfortable jumping in and out at any stage of a project — from first ideas to nailing the final words — always delivering tight work, even under tight deadlines.
- You have a good sense of personal responsibility and eagerly go the extra mile if that’s what it takes to make good great.