Copywriter at MediaMonks SG
Our supercharged Singapore office is looking for a copywriter who’s experienced in crafting copy-led concepts and campaigns. In this senior-level role, you’ll be working for the world’s most awarded production company and a world-leader in programmatic advertising at the same time. If you associate as a copy connoisseur, word whizz and alliteration aficionado, read on and sell us on your way with words.
Role & Responsibilities
- As a Copy Monk at MediaMonks, you’ll wield words, wisdom and wit on behalf of leading clients who seek us for the creative production of their digital projects and campaigns.
- You’ll join an all-star team of Monks that is dedicated to creating integrated work for a fantastic brand known all over the world.
- Working closely with an AD/CD, you’ll develop concepts and copy for anything you could possibly throw at an integrated campaign: from taglines and TVC scripts to concepts for experiential installations and digital activations.
- Your job is to secure, shape, and sell the work through alliteration and other rhetorical means, championing clarity over cleverness.
- You’ll help to bring in new assignments by creating pitch-winning proposals.
- You’ll write the copy for all projects in production, working with the team to verbalize ideas, iron out concepts and solve creative issues through copy.
- You’re responsible for all creative copy and campaign content including the writing of scripts.
- Other than great copy, your job is to ensure everything makes sense, is consistent and meets the client’s objectives.
Join Our Team As Our First Copywriter
Cozied up at our beautiful shophouse (doubling as a cocktail bar), you’ll be part and pencil of our first completely integrated office. You’ll join a successful, bustling and super-fast-moving company creative people would kill to work for, operating across teams and time zones with 1,000+ Monks and counting.
Next to the chance of shaping the South East Asia campaigns of a global client, this job will also let you contribute the MediaMonks brand. Together with our copywriters in other offices, we’ll tap you to write cases for our projects and help sell our capabilities and people at large. You’ll have peers around the world you can work with to collaborate on copy, calibrate on best practices and to confer about comma conundrums with. If you’re keen to become our first copywriter in Singapore, we’d love to meet you.
MediaMonks stands for equal-opportunity employment and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds, but we will prioritise people that already work and live in Singapore. Apart from that, we adhere to the tripartism rules in Singapore. Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your portfolio with a personal cover letter explaining why you’re the right Monk for the role. Questions? email@example.com has answers.
- For this senior position, we’re looking for an English copywriter with at least 2 years worth of advertising experience at the highest international level.
- You don’t have to be native English: you have to be way better than the average native writer.
- You’re experienced in developing copy-based concepts with clever taglines and other creative copy.
- You can craft amazing copy out of thin air, based on briefs, and from input by others.
- You combine creative writing with critical thinking: your analytical approach enables you to ask the right questions and waterproof ideas from a conceptual perspective.
- You are the change you want to see in the word: you improve what is said, not just how.
- You know how to capture ideas in words that are clear and compelling at the same time: you can convince without fancy words, cheesy puns or slipping into the pitfall of bullshit.
- Your attention to detail is impeccable: typos, inconsistencies and questionable punctuation marks have a tough time getting past your cursor.
- While you might be tired of the word, your storytelling skills allow you to write compelling scripts, storyboards and synopses.
- You’re comfortable jumping in and out at any stage of a project, from first ideas to nailing the final words — always delivering tight work, even under tight deadlines.