Senior Production Designer / Art Director at MediaMonks NL
MediaMonks has a full-time position for a talented senior production designer/art director who wants to coach and coordinate a global team of designers that produces top quality content for the product interfaces of one of the world’s most recognizable brands.
Role & Responsibilities
- In this senior level role, you’ll oversee a dedicated team that specializes in the design of static visuals for product interfaces, social media and display advertising.
- Working alongside Project and Creative Monks, and the international design team, you make sure our designs and processes are in line with the client’s objectives and expectations.
- You make sure that the design team harmonizes speed, style and scale to produce a big volume of good-looking assets at a steady pace.
- Pixel perfectness is important. You safeguard quality at all times and work together with QA testers.
- In addition to making images look so good you'll want to lick them, you make sure that designs adhere to guidelines and are consistent across ad formats, dimensions and languages.
- You look after the execution of the art direction and help to improve the work by offering new angles, (P)inspiration, best practices and practical solutions — guaranteeing projects meet our standards.
- You are responsible for training the designers and making sure all documentation and design standards are up to date.
- You are always on the lookout for process efficiencies.
- You’ve earned your stripes in the field of production/asset design and are ready to take on this role with mentor-like responsibilities, helping younger designers get better at their job in a sacred ritual called constructive feedback (i.e. hovering art direction).
- Your Photoshop skills are so slick, they look photoshopped; and you also know how to organize your files, layers and folders, even if you’re a creative mess outside of Adobe CS.
- You are great in Illustrator and photo retouching.
- You are interested or proficient in Sketch.
- You can enable designers to take charge of tasks independently.
- You can contribute to different stages of the production process; from setting styles and layouts to cutting formats and language versioning.
- You can handle repetitive tasks and stay focussed.
- You are well versed in documenting and enforcing guidelines.
- You are well-versed in English, production tricks, and cat videos.
- You are a clear communicator and are happy to work with designers from all over the world.
- You are authorized to work in The Netherlands.
Please be attentive to the requirements for this role and accompany your portfolio with a short cover letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for the job.
Become Our Art Monk
Working at MediaMonks means you’ll be part of a young & fun, successful and super-fast-growing company that constantly pushes the envelope when it comes to production and the use of adjectives. Stressful moments are part of the job, but so is our casual company culture. If you meet and exceed this profile, we’d love to meet you.