Office Manager at MediaMonks LA
MediaMonks is looking for an organizational oracle and gifted phone-juggler to help keep our sunny LA office running smoothly. This is a role for someone fiercely upbeat and fearlessly confident; a high-profile, high-stakes opportunity to become the face of one of our most popular offices.
Role & Responsibilities
- In this full-time role, you’ll help out with office administration, bravely facing the challenges posed by working across teams and time zones.
- You’ll be on the frontline of receiving clients and calls, and prepare picture-perfect (IRL and virtual) meetings.
- You’ll arrange deliveries and client gifts, and look after incoming and outgoing deliveries and mail.
- You’ll support an international team, assisting with everything from arranging meetings and office supplies to other duties such as helping out with (basic) administration.
- You’ll be the gatekeeper of office stock and purchases, including goodies like groceries, fruit and other snacks, company laptops, smartphones and Friday beers.
- You’ll skillfully liaise with suppliers, (food) vendors and other third parties, manage and review contract agreements, and perform periodic market research to track down the very best suppliers for MediaMonks in LA.
- When machines break or need fixing, you’ll be the one reaching out to our amazing IT team (who will do more than just ask if you’ve turned it off and on again).
- You’re the one that keeps us looking good, handling hospitality and creating the welcoming, glamorous atmosphere visitors expect in our not-quite-Hollywood-Hills office.
- You’ll be our on-site cross between Fredo Corleone and a concierge, arranging tickets to conferences/award shows, making restaurant reservations, arranging travel and accommodation and generally flexing your insider knowledge of the city.
- You’ll help expat employees navigate the boredom complexity of administrative obligations (arranging permits, setting up bank accounts, registering place of residence, etc.).
- You’ll coordinate the professional cleaning of the office and look after building safety and security, keeping us squeaky clean in more ways than one.
Become Our LA Office Star
At MediaMonks, you’ll join a truly international company creative people would kill to work for. In addition to all the good stuff such as healthcare package and a competitive salary, you’ll be part of a fun, successful and super-fast-moving team with a shared ambition to become the most prolific production partner in any field and market. If you can handle the heat (of our LA office), we’d love to hear from you.
Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your application with a personal cover letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for the job.
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant position, ideally involving facility and/or organizational support.
- Fantastic people skills, landing you somewhere between “cruise ship captain” and “70s gameshow host” on the likeability scale.
- Organizing is your second nature — or just something you’re really good at — and you love helping people solve problems, from tiny inconveniences to dramatic disasters.
- You take satisfaction in streamlining the business commitments of our Monks and making the office run like (sun-kissed) clockwork.
- Your attention to hospitality is meticulous and you’ve got a knack for making others feel right at home.
- You’re a natural multitasker, and can juggle several balls (or phones) in the air while also placing orders in Morse code by tapping your foot.
- You have high moral and service standards, and you’re not willing to bend them for anything less than an emergency (or a well-placed brownie bribe from a Monk in a hurry).