Python Developer at MediaMonks BA
We are looking for developers who are keen to become more proficient with Python as part of a huge(ly exciting) project. You’ll be building one of the most magnificent backends in internet history, covering a wide variety of functions including live-video applications.
Based at our Palermo Production Paradise, you’ll contribute to a super interesting application we are developing an international team of Monks that also includes developers in Amsterdam and São Paulo. By translating requirements into lean lines of code, you’ll play a key role in the development of the project.
- Develop a high-traffic application that runs like Usain (but without the slow start).
- Develop RESTful APIs, either as micro-services or for front-end implementations.
- Employ background tasks to offload request–response cycles.
- Utilize caching layers and database-optimization techniques to further speed up response times.
- Customize Django’s admin to allow for the user-friendly management of our applications.
- Write unit tests to terminate bugs as soon as possible.
- Provide documentation for fellow Development Monks so they can jump on the project with ease.
Join Our Team in Palermo
At MediaMonks, you’ll join a fun, successful and super-fast-moving company on a global mission to become the most prolific production partner in any field and market. We operate as one office across teams and time zones with 14 offices and 1,000 Monks and counting. If you’re up for it, we’re down to meet you tell you more about MediaMonks, our fabulous (vegan-friendly) asados, and some of the other (Python-powered) projects we do.
We stand for equal-opportunity employment and welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your application with a personal cover letter showing why you’re the right Monk for this role. Questions? [email protected] has answers.
- For this mid-level position, we’re looking for an English-speaking Python Developer with 3 years worth of web-development experience.
- You’re proficient with Django and Flask.
- You know about tools such a Celery, SQLAlchemy, and Django REST framework.
- You also know about basic database principles for Python and object-relational mapping (ORM) techniques.
- Crucially, you know how to turn your competencies into clean code that both your coworkers and computers can understand.
- You can work on tasks independently as well as in a team without much supervision.
- When it comes to your work and workload, you can keep teams up-to-date on your progress by providing clear estimates.
- As a bonus, we’d love to hear about any experience with PostgreSQL, Google App Engine, Linux and/or AWS.