Financial Project Controller at MediaMonks LA
We are looking for the newest and nicest addition to MediaMonks' growing West Coast Finance team at our beautiful Venice Beach office. As our new Project Controller, you’ll be responsible for the financial health of our award-winning projects at the intersection of creativity and technology.
Together with our Managing Controller, you’ll help to make sure all details check out so our Monks can focus on producing dope work. You’ll perform and provide financial analyses, look after projects’ general ledgers, and monitor project cash flows—all with an ocean view from our through-the-rooftop.
Role & Responsibilities
- Reporting directly to our Managing Controller in LA, as Project Controller you'll bring your Junior- to Mid-level experience and operate between business & sales, finance & controlling, and production.
- You’ll provide regular financial insight for specific clients, projects and business regions to our Global Finance Team and Chief Financial Monk in Amsterdam.
- Monitoring and controlling suspense accounts is your middle name and main responsibility, making sure our estimations are in line with actuals.
- Analyzing cost-account specifications is your guilty pleasure when providing full specs for monthly, quarterly and yearly closings.
- Cashflows reign supreme and so you’ll oversee project-related accounts receivables to ensure we have enough money in the bank, assisting our local AR team where needed.
- You’ll contribute to our monthly work-in-progress and revenue analyses for our NA & LATAM monasteries.
- You’ll manage cost reservations when costs are received to make sure our accounts are always up to date.
- You’ll coordinate project financial overviews between sales, producers and division leads.
- You’ll assist our Financial Admin Monk in advising on accurate bookings for MediaMonks’ single P&L.
Wanna Become Friends with (Financial) Benefits?
Working at MediaMonks can be fun, hard and rewarding at the same time. You’ll be surrounded by the nicest and most talented people in the industry, working and playing hard to be the best production partner in any field and market. Beyond a healthcare package and a 401(k), you’ll get to be part of an informal, successful and super-fast-moving company creative people would kill to work for. There’s also a monthly paycheck, but should this job really be about money?
We stand for equal-opportunity employment and welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your application with a personal cover letter showing why you’re the right Monk for this role.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Fluent in English and Finance: additional languages would be ace!
- Bachelor-degree level of thinking and working.
- Working knowledge of MS tools and G Suite is a must (experience working with pivot tables, conditional formatting and data validation is expected).
- Attention to detail is key for the role.
- Knowledge of Exact Globe or similar financial admin system is preferred.
- Flexibility: No rigid nine-to-five mentality and able to switch between tasks at any moment.
- Work experience at a truly global organization.
- Informal and fun working environment at our lush Venice office.
- Full-time working schedule with flexible hours.
- Appropriate compensation with benefits including a healthcare package and 401(k).