PHP Developer at MediaMonks BA
Our Monks in Buenos Aires are looking beyond their server-side scripts in search of an English-speaking PHP Developer. In this role, you’ll be joining our mid-size office in the heart of Palermo which works alongside other other monasteries to craft award-winning work for leading brands and businesses.
About the Role
- Based at our Palermo Production Paradise, you’ll play a key role in the development of the projects and products MediaMonks develops clients around the world.
- Working closely together with other disciplines, you’ll create dedicated services for websites, short-term campaigns, long-term platform, games and other interactive hotstuff.
- Together with our PHP and Drupal Monk, you’ll focus on developing backend environments that run like Usain but without the slow start.
- You’ll contribute to, and learn about, the latest and greatest in backend security.
- You'll create tools and packages that will boost development speed.
- You’ll also support our clients and team with launching, fixing and maintaining websites.
- You’ll help to maintain our codebase with the same pride and care you bring to all of your other projects.
- In short, you’ll create a high variety of high-load and high-performance environment while sharing tips, tricks and memes with some of the best developers in the world.
Pretty Hot Position
If you are capable and crazy enough to join MediaMonks in Buenos Aires, you’d be out of your head not to do it. You’ll be part of super-fast-moving company on a global mission to become the best — and most humble ;-) — production partner in any field and market, operating as one team across 12 locations with 900 Monks and counting. If you’re up for it, we’re down to meet you tell you more about MediaMonks, our work, culture, and (vegan-friendly) asados.
Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your application with a personal cover letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for the job.
- This role requires an expert-level knowledge of PHP and MySQL, as well as experience with Symfony Framework and Doctrine.
- With 3+ years of dedicated PHP experience, you’re confident in developing for a broad spectrum of high-load, high-performance environments.
- You can independently develop backend environments that are smooth, stable and secure.
- You’re a proficient English communicator, able to provide clear updates on the development of projects and knowing how to accurately describe issues and required actions to Monks in other offices.
- Equally important is your drive, dedication, and sense of responsibility.
- You do whatever it takes to get a job done, whether that means taking up extra responsibilities or working flexible hours during crunch time.
- Any frontend skills with HTML, CSS and JS would be an obvious advantage.