Sr. Digital Designer at MediaMonks HQ
MediaMonks is in the market for an experienced designer of large-scale sites, apps and platform projects. A designer who is not only a deity of design, but is ready to help guide junior designers and the design department as a whole improve at what they do.
We’re looking to hire a true-born digital designer with a manifest knack for interactive work. Someone who likes working on long-term projects and loves to get dirty with clean, functional designs. If you’re the one, we’d love to be the zero so we can make beautiful binary babies together.
Role & Responsibilities
- As a Sr. Design Monk, you’ll join an international team of designers in crafting amazing work for the world’s leading agencies and their brands.
- You’ll be part and parcel of our fantastic platforms design team at the Hilversum HQ.
- You’ll be designing award-winning websites, apps and platforms; translating creative concepts into functional designs and brand values into compelling visual styles.
- You don’t follow trends, you set them and enjoy doing so.
- You’ll take the lead for most of your projects, often working together with one or more (junior) designers to flesh out all assets and designs.
- Your job is to make sure aesthetics are harmonized with usability, working side by side with our in-house creatives and UX designers.
- You produce quick sketches, mockups and prototypes to support concept proposals.
- You’ll also be involved in pitching and workshops.
Join MediaMonks as a Designer
At MediaMonks, you will join a successful and fast-growing international production company. Stressful moments are part of the job, but so is our casual company culture. If you meet and exceed this profile and are eager to take on this position, we’d love to welcome you into our fold of fun.
Please be attentive to the requirements for this role and accompany your application with a short cover letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for the job.
- You are an experienced designer with at least 5 years of high-level experience in a senior capacity in digital advertising or production.
- As showcased in your interactive portfolio, you have experience with everything from responsive web design for large-scale platforms to mobile apps.
- You can contribute to all stages of the design process, from conceptualizing styles and wireframing websites (IA) to doing layout compositions (UI) and mobile translations.
- You have a well-developed understanding of grid systems, colour theory and typography, and can tie each of these elements together with obsessive attention to detail.
- You know how to hover behind junior and mid-level designers in a sacred ritual called constructive feedback.
- You have solid client-facing experience and break ice instead of sweat when you present designs or lead workshops.
- You also understand the (business) objectives of global brands, technology and entertainment like no other; it’s up to you to make sure both the commercial and the creative goals of a project live in perfect harmony.