Copywriter Internship at MediaMonks NL
Calling all aspiring copywriters and other alliteration artists with a knack for digital platforms and creative production. MediaMonks has an internship opportunity for a creative writer who can craft excellent English copy and is keen to get even better. The internship is for 4 to 6 months and should be considered as a full-time work experience position.
What to Expect
- During this paid internship, you’ll get to be part of our small-star copy team in Hilversum (not exactly Amsterdam, but we do provide free accommodation across the street).
- As a copy intern at MediaMonks, you’ll write copy for leading agencies and brands who seek us for the creative production of their digital projects and campaigns.
- You’ll support our teams by writing, editing and proofreading copy for pitches, internal projects and running productions alike.
- Your job is to secure, shape, and sell our projects through alliteration and other rhetorical means, choosing clarity over cleverness if need be.
- Other than great copy, you’re here to ensure everything makes sense, is consistent and meets the objectives.
- Working on assignments big and small, you can expect to write anything from headlines, UI copy and social posts to VO scripts, marketing content and cases.
- With you looking after the copy for projects largely independently, the internship is as hands-on as it gets.
- You’ll get the opportunity to put your skills to practice for real projects and get detailed feedback on your work from a copy perspective.
- You’ll work closely with your future colleagues in copy to critique each other’s work, calibrate on best practices, and confer about comma conundrums.
- The copy team is here to support you, not to supervise you — we’re there to hone your skills, not to hold your hand.
Join Our Team for a Season or Two
Being an intern at MediaMonks is awesome. You’ll be part and pencil of the most prolific production company on the planet, operating across teams and time zones with 1,000+ Monks and counting. You’ll get to contribute to projects for A-list clients as well our company culture. You can enjoy fantastic free food every day, win win an award or two (hundred), and join our parties and winter sports (if you stick around until Easter). With this prospect in mind, our ideal candidate is someone who’s looking to kick-start their career with a head start.
MediaMonks stands for equal-opportunity employment and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your application with (copy)writing examples and a personal motivation for this internship (consider this a first assessment). Questions? [email protected] has answers.
- You’re enrolled in a higher education programme (this a legal requirement, sorry).
- You don’t have to be native English: you have to be way better than the average native writer.
- You like writing copy from scratch as well as enhancing texts written by others.
- You are the change you want to see in the word: you improve what is said, not just how.
- You have a knack for combining creative writing with critical thinking: your analytical approach enables you to ask the right questions and make sense of complex concepts.
- You know how to describe ideas in words that are clear and compelling at the same time: you can impress without fancy words, cheesy puns or slipping into the pitfall of bullshit.
- As part of a constant but constructive feedback loop, you can give and handle criticism without making or taking it personal.
- At the same time, you can always make a case for your copy, rationalising your choices and considerations to win people over for your words.
- Your attention to detail is impeccable: typos, inconsistencies and questionable punctuation marks have a tough time getting past your cursor.
- You have a good sense of personal responsibility and eagerly go the extra mile if that’s what it takes to make good great.