Jr. Python Developer MediaMonks HQ
MediaMonks has a terrific position for a talented Python Developer.
- In this junior-level position, you help to build web applications and other kinds of cool stuff on behalf of the world’s leading agencies.
- As a Python Monk, you help to develop some of the finest backends in internet history.
- You work as part of different project teams to build a wide variety of environments for an even wider variety of projects, including real-time applications for star clients such as Old Spice and Google.
- You’ll develop for a broad spectrum of high-load, high-performance environments that run like Usain but without the slow start.
- You play a role in projects big and small, translating creative concepts into lucid lines of code.
- At our Hilversum headquarters, you’ll be joining an international, multi-language development department of 150 of the best-looking developers in the world.
- Alongside 500 coworkers from other disciplines, you’ll work as part of an international production monastery, handling everything you could possibly throw at a digital project including games, virtual reality and installations.
- Your work space is brand new and badass, just like our work and company culture
- You have hands-on experience with web development.
- You have 2+ years of backend experience.
- You have experience with relational databases.
- You know how to document code and have experience with Git.
- While we have a dedicated hosting team, but if you know a bit about hosting, that’s AWSome.
- Ideally, you have some experience with Celery and Redis and you like any errors to show up in Sentry.
- Not a requirement, but you should be eager to develop for a broad spectrum of high-load, high-performance environments, developing backend environments that are smooth, stable and secure.
- Ideally, you have experience with Flask and/or Django.
- Experience with Google App Engine (GAE) is a plus.
- Functional knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS comes natural to most backend developers and is considered a plus.
- Like your future coworkers, you have a relentless drive and dedication for creating good work. You have a great sense of responsibility and are flexible if that’s what it takes to get a job done.
- Speaking Dutch is ‘niet noodzakelijk’ but the ability to read, write and swear English is a must.
In return for your devotion to clean code, we offer you an independent position with a lot of responsibilities at a young & fun, successful and fast-growing company. You’ll work alongside an amazing set of world-class developers you can geek out with and learn from. With a one-of-a-kind culture, winter sports & summer parties, fantastic food every day, and an unlimited supply of caffeine, you’ll be in great company.