Sr. Offline Editor at MediaMonks
Our post production team in the Netherlands is looking for an experienced Offline Editor to cut and grade amazing pieces of work for television and online.
Together with our clients and producers, you translate raw footage into spot-on edits. You actualize the creative vision for the project, making it look even better than they could have ever imagined.
As part of one of the most-awarded production companies around, you can be sure to work on some seriously interesting projects. Your work will span from the very real to virtual reality, from the attractive to the interactive. In addition to editing, you also know about colour grading to enhance edits or prep them for client reviews.
Role & Responsibilities
- In this full-time position, you kill darlings on behalf of the world’s leading advertising agencies who seek MediaMonks for the production of their campaigns.
- As part of our renowned post production team, you’ll work alongside our in-house colourists, VFX artists and sound designers to edit & enhance high-end pieces of work for global brands.
- You’ll cut your way through terabytes of footage in search of the perfect edit for TVCs, interactive films, VR and 360 projects, and more.
- We’ll also look for your help in producing case videos of our projects, which includes making captures that truly capture the essence of our (interactive) projects.
- We are looking for someone with at least 3 years of high-level experience as a (senior) editor of commercial work.
- Your prior experience has made you into a well-organized team player that is great with clients and colleagues alike, and can also work independently with little guidance.
- You carry a broad understanding of the entire production process, evidenced by edits that seamlessly fit into the post-production pipeline.
- You can create spot-on edits for TVCs and other types of linear work.
- You have experience editing nonlinear work for interactive films.
- You are familiar with colour grading.
- If you also know your way around editing 360 videos, you’re awesome all-around.
- You’re a pro at Adobe Premiere.
- You can do some inventive shit with DaVinci Resolve, but we’ll also take you home if you rock the basics of colour grading.
- Any experience with compositing software would bring you closer to being the perfect candidate, but is not required.
- The life of an Edit Monk is one of deadlines and deliveries (and renders that take forever to finish). Working with tight deadlines fits you like skinny jeans and you never fail on delivering.
- You can impress under pressure, taking responsibility for your own workload, time management, note-making and feedback-processing, as well as any other actions required to make the work great.
- You can prioritize and problem-solve, not hitting the panic button for any bump in the road.
- You are well-organized in your folders, files and final_version_v7.mp4s.
- And you’re so incredibly meticoulous that you’ve already seen we’ve spelled it wrong.
Join MediaMonks as an Editor
If your eye for detail and whether a shot should be extended by just one frame is beyond compare, you might be the editor that was promised. Meet us for the war for the dawn by applying for this gig.
Joining MediaMonks means joining one of the most fun production companies around. It means working in a young, successful, fast-growing international environment, full of cool people and adjectives. If you think you’re the right addition to our company and culture, we’d love to hear from you.
Please be attentive to the minimum requirements for this role and accompany your application with a short cover letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for the job.