Sr Photo Retoucher at MediaMonks NL
MediaMonks has a position for a talented retoucher who masters the craft of art and pixels and can execute this with lethal precision. In this senior-level role, you will join a dedicated global team in producing top quality content for one of the world’s most recognizable brands.
Role & Responsibilities
- You will retouch and silhouette a big variety of photo styles, from beauty to clean up and composition work.
- You use photograph editing software to enhance images by correcting resolution and composition, cropping images and adjusting tone, color, saturation and brightness. The retouching process can also consist of adding or removing objects from an image or inserting text.
- You work as part of a dedicated global team of designers, illustrators, animators and art directors that produces world-class work across time zones.
- You’ll help other designers excel at retouching.
- The job is about harmonizing speed, style and scale to retouch high end photography at a steady pace.
- Pixel perfectness is important. You safeguard quality at all times and work together with QA testers.
- You will work together directly with art directors on the client side, representing MediaMonks from a design POV.
Please be attentive to the requirements for this role and accompany your portfolio with a short cover letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for the job.
- For this role, we’re looking for a designer with around 5 years of experience retouching and creating beautiful images.
- You have an eye for art and composition and can relate to what's typically desirable in a photographic image. It is necessary to understand the components of visual art and the elements of photography.
- You are an expert in Photoshop and know every trick in the book.
- You know how to keep your files, layers and folders super-organized, even if you’re a creative mess outside of Photoshop.
- You can take charge of small tasks independently, and take on bigger jobs with little supervision.
- You can contribute to different stages of the production process; from setting styles and layouts to cutting formats and language versioning.
- Creating balanced and beautiful layouts is your second nature.
- You are always on the lookout for process efficiencies.
- You are well-versed in English, production tricks, and have a great GIF game.
- You are a clear communicator and are happy to work with designers from all over the world.
At MediaMonks, there is always potential for growth and enough work to get you well beyond Gladwell’s 10,000 hours, if you believe that stuff. You’ll join a young and fun, successful and super-fast-moving international company that constantly pushes the envelope when it comes to production and the use of adjectives. You’ll get to do great work with even better coworkers. You can go all-in with our one-of-a-kind company culture and all-out during our parties and outings.